At The Setup On Dixon Hostel, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our guests, staff and wider community is our first priority.
We continue to monitor the global novel Coronavirus pandemic, and are committed to ensuring our premises are safe, clean, and place our guests in an environment that puts people first.
We are following official advice from the New Zealand Ministry of Health for hotels and monitoring any updates to this advice closely.
These steps include
- Ensuring a limited-contact check-in and check-out service from Wednesday 18 March 2020.
- Ensuring all onsite staff are thoroughly and regularly briefed on hygiene and emergency procedures and kept up to date as circumstances change.
- Providing hand sanitizer in all common areas and at reception.
- Ensuring pocket-sized Ministry of Health COVID-19 information cards are available on arrival, which includes the Healthline 0800 number, a list of symptoms and what to do if you have symptoms.
- Sanitising room surfaces regularly in line with Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Cleaning the reception desk and other highly trafficked common areas multiple times per day in line with Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Displaying Ministry of Health COVID-19 information posters at reception with the official Healthline 0800-number to call if you are feeling unwell.
For a full list of guidelines from the Ministry of Health, please visit their website.
This page will be updated regularly as new information becomes available.